Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Great CPA in Monroe, NY

John Paul Simonson, CPA

When we heard that our accountant John was opening his own business in Harriman, we could not tell people fast enough. You see, John has this way of taking the terror out of money. From simple yearly income tax filing to opening and then closing our own business, John just always showed up with simple answers and rock-solid support.

Money always makes me feel embarrassed and vulnerable. I’d rather tell someone my deep dark secrets, than explain how I could possibly have bounced five checks while I forgot to deposit the paychecks for a solid month. And I am forever grateful that when we closed our cafĂ© in Monroe, it was John who patiently went through the boxes of paperwork and endless forms that showed up from New York State.

I have called John with questions from the simple (“How many deductions does ‘Married/2’ really equal?”) to the sublime (“What percentage of your income do you have to spend on medical bills to declare those as nuclear waste?”).

I am fearlessly starting my own company again, and having an accountant like John who specializes in small businesses is a huge asset. He has helped me to choose the right form for my company and to understand income distributions and FICA, to set my hourly rates high enough to make a profit and to still get the client. He has helped me not to commingle my business assets with my household finances, and to understand how to maximize my deductions and minimize my paperwork.

Although John’s client roster is much larger now and extends from Long Island to Pine Island, he still manages to make me feel like I’m the most important client he has and answer my biggest financial worries with a good joke and a common-sense plan of action.


John's contact info: Publish Post

John Paul Simonson, CPA

144 Route 17M
PO Box 674
Harriman, NY 10926-0674

Office: 845-238-5061
Cell: 845-662-1961
Fax: 845-238-5062

http://us.f507.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=johnsimonsoncpa@yahoo.com



Written by, Mary Vetell



Add to Technorati Favorites